The 2nd Edition Oman Sustainable Energy and Technology Summit will be held on the 9th and 10th of December at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Muscat.
The summit takes into account, the current energy landscape; bringing together regulatory authorities, senior stakeholders, policy makers, influencers and solution providers driving the clean energy eco-system in the region.
Sustainability and clean energy feature high on the national agenda in most Middle East countries. The Sultanate of Oman incorporates sustainability as a national objective; charted out in its Vision 2020 programme. The Vision 2020 programme aims to achieve economic resilience by diversifying the Sultanate’s economy away from its traditional dependence on oil & gas exports while working towards the optimal exploitation of its natural resources.
The Sultanate of Oman has forecast an increase in peak power demand of 53%, reaching 9.96GW by 2023, of which, 11% of all electricity generated will be from renewable energy sources. By 2030, renewable energy will account for over 30% of the energy mix.
Ⅱ. Conference Objectives:
● Review the current policies and regulations regarding renewable energy projects and electricity generation
● Address the potential and current challenges in manufacturing of solar and wind technologies locally
● Explore the viability of proven and emerging solar and wind energy technologies in Oman’s climate
● Evaluate local funding instruments and opportunities for solar and energy storage projects
● Learn from different case studies presented on financing and business models
● Find partners, business matchmaking and local investment opportunities
Ⅲ. Conference Highlights:
● Different Prospects for Renewable Power: Waste to energy Technologies
● Economics and Paybacks of Renewable Power Projects
● Government financing schemes and incentives for implementation of Renewable Technologies
● Technological know-how and knowledge transfer for upcoming renewable project skill sets
● Energy Management and Smart Grids: Market scenarios and upcoming advancements